Inspiring Gardeners in Southern New England Since 1995
Growing plants in or around the Nutmeg State? Connecticut Gardener magazine delivers useful, timely, local advice and encouragement to beginners and old hands alike.
NEW TO GARDENING?
Growing houseplants or doing some container or window box gardening? That makes you a gardener! We believe houseplants are gateway plants, and whether you stick with them or expand your efforts, we’ll be there to help.
Growing and managing a home garden can be overwhelming, but take heart! The old saying, “if you’re not killing plants, you’re not a gardener,” is spot on. Gardening is a lifelong journey, and there are always more plants to buy and experiment with!
Connecticut Gardener has plenty in store for you to discover, because creative, inquisitive gardeners like you never stop learning!
Wait no longer! Subscribe to CG (in print, digital or both). Every issue brings more understanding and more questions. We’ll be sure to help you find the answers.
Here’s your chance to read Confessions of a Plantaholic by Tovah Martin, a nationally acclaimed garden writer and Connecticut gardener. Until now, it’s only been available in a digital edition.
FREE ACCESS to our November/December 2018 digital edition. Enjoy!
We Advocate . . .
- Environmentally appropriate landscape management and appreciation of native plants and ecosystems.
- Organic horticultural practices: growing fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamentals by following the essential principles of organic agriculture.
- Respect for the natural world.
- The use of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to avoid synthetic herbicides and pesticides.
- A reverence for the soil and the vast living network it contains.